HMO Karma Was Reported Yet Again..... This Time They Succeeded


What happened to HMO Karma?

To my more than 1,400 visitors for the past months I am sorry to inform you that our HMOKARMA.WORDPRESS.COM is no longer in service. The personnel at Caritas Health Shield has successfully reported and brought down our website. Being an old hag (and a relative newbie), I didn't have the patience to appeal and revive the blog. Still I hope I was able to help you.

What I did was a case of "CAVEAT EMPTOR" to those who want to buy caritas health shield products. Let the buyers beware of what you are buying. Especially if it's healthcare. And especially if it is expensive.

That short-lived blog had more than 40 inquiries and I would like to answer them here:

Is Caritas Health Shield a Scam? 

Yes there design looks scammy. But no. Caritas Health Shield is not a scam. Rather, the company has a problem with their marketing. Some of their agents do not follow a code of ethics. They will drag you from your place, fool you, sell you something and misrepresent the product. Worse, they will swipe your card at sasagarin ang laman ng credit card mo. It's a classic case of disruptive marketing. 
They will hook you with what they think is appealing, seduce you to come to there office to hear a presentation, sell you a misrepresented product then swipe your card without your knowledge. That is what is scammy with Caritas but there products are legit.

Is Caritas Health Shield Legit?

I checked with the Insurance Commission about Caritas Health Shield and they told me that it is a legit company. What makes the company legitimate? First because the insurance commission is the one who authorizes the company to sell the products. Caritas Health Shield was issued a certificate detailing that they are allowed to sell products. Also the insurance commission has a list of legit hmo companies who can operate in the Philippines.

How do I cancel my health card?

You only cancel your health card if there is a cause for you to cancel such as misrepresentation of an agent, the product does not fit your needs, the company does not have a good reputation, etc. I cancelled my own health card because there was a misrepresentation on the part of the agent. Otherwise, don't. Because having a health card is a need. Your Philhealth can only do so much. But it will never be able to pay 100% of the costs of hospitalization.
If you really want to terminate your plan, follow the steps here.

What are the termination values of Caritas Health Shield?

I don't know. You can ask from their hotline 711-2411.

I saw that your blog was suspended. What happened?

I was reported by the personnel of Caritas Health Shield and wordpress took down my site. Shit happens. They also reported wordpress sites that review Caritas Health Shield so my case is not isolated. There is a concerted effort to bring websites down who criticize Caritas Health Shield. Sounds familiar, right?
On the other hand, that's business. You have to protect your interests. But I also to protect my fellow filipinos and let others be aware about what Caritas Health Shield is doing. I think I got their attention.

Will you be reuploading your site?

I think you now have the answer to your question. 
Also, I have taken the steps to really back them up so it will be reuploaded fast in case it happens again.
Someone has contacted me about creating a permanent home for HMO Karma. I am passing on the offer unless of course they take this down again. He told me the offer is open in case I change my mind. I will change my mind in case this will be reported and brought down again. He told me that he will help me with "marketing" the site so it will reach more people.

Next steps

I will not hesitate to expose and crusade for us who buy health cards. If you have something you think needs reporting, you can send me an email. Do not be fooled again by shameless agents. 
Or shameless companies.

We also need to call out the companies so they can weed out practices that turns away people from HMOs and insurance in general. We all need these kind of products but we don't want to be sold to.\

There are some links that are not working yet. Please point them out so I can fix them.

Some of our Best Posts:


Comments

  1. Anonymous12:07 AM

    Hi i found your blog, salamat for the tips on how to chase them with the refund. Im still on the process (2 months) of getting my money back. Babala sa mga kukuha pa lang! Isa na ako sa naloko ng Caritas Health Shield. Their agents will say anything para makabenta lang. They will misrepresent the policy in different ways and they dont care about their clients. Search the internet madaming case sila ng mis-representation. And parang yung mga reported agents ni-rerecycle? mafi-fire tapos mapupunta sa ibang branch? Hmmm? You can also check with AHMOPI (Association of Health Maintenance Organizations of the Philippines, Inc.) they have a lot of complaints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gusto ko rin po mag complain po branch po sm bacoor for cancelation my health card matutulungan nyo po ba ako..
    invited po nila ako for some question po..kala ko po mga tanung lang po kaso nasa process na po pala kami ng permahan di manlang po ako tinanong kong gusto ko ba?
    nitong august 18 lng po wala pang 24 hrs po nag sabi na ako na ipapacancel ko sabi nila di na dw po pwede..
    papaano po un?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, ma’am same po tayo nang nangyari. Wala pang 24 hours and sa akin. Ipa pa cancel ko xa on Monday since Friday ngayon at walang office. ano po ang nangyari? na kuha nio po ba refund nio?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Cancel Your Health Card

Caritas Health Shield Reviews 2020

Caritas Health Shield in Trouble?